2017 LAHPERD Convention
Crowne Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
I-10 at College Drive (Constitution Avenue)
Baton Rouge, LA
November 1-3, 2017
The annual LAHPERD convention returns in 2017! Program requests are now being accepted (see below), and other details will be made available over the spring and summer as they are finalized.
Registration is now available.
Mail-in registration: Download the registration form.
Online registration: Register online here.
Crowne Plaza Reservation Site
Conference rate (until October 7) per night: $97 for king; $97 for two doubles
Group code: HPE
Listed below are some of the sessions in store for this year’s Convention.
- A Road Map for Physical Education
- Adapted Physical Education – Documentation and Progress Monitoring
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation : How to achieve National Recognition
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation: How to Achieve National Recognition
- Archery in LA Schools Program: Changing Lives One Arrow at a Time
- Bowler’s Ed Activity Session
- Bowler’s Ed Grant Seminar
- Camouflage Fitness!!!
- Can’t Dodge This: Dodgeball Alternatives
- Country Western Swing Dancing
- Creative Basketball and Fitness Activities
- Disc Fun
- Eating Habits and Dietary Supplement Use of High School Athletes: Solving the Complex Nutrition Puzzle
- Elementary Physical Education-Making Movement Matter
- Empowering Teachers and Engaging Students with Data
- Experience Sport Stacking- an Introduction to Activity Based Stacking with Speed Stacks
- EZ Scan: The New Lap Counting App
- Fuel Up to Play 60-How it Can Work for You!
- Fun Fitness
- Fun Games even the older kids like!
- Get All Your Ducks in a Row with Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Get on the bus with Tennis in School!!
- Get the most out of your Jump Rope/HOOPS for Heart event
- Healthy Teacher/Healthy Students
- Holicraze Days: Part Deux
- How to Empower Your Students through Movement: The TPSR Model
- Integrating Technology into Health Education
- Keeping Them Active
- KIN-Ball: A Non-Traditional Action-Packed Game
- LA Teacher Competencies and Physical Education: A Good Fit?
- Learning through the Sport Education Curricular Model
- Let the Games Begin
- Let’s OPEN up some possibilities for your PE Program
- Omnikin Balls: Fundamentals, Frolic, Fitness, and Fun
- Physical Education is a Real Balancing Act
- PLYOGA – YOUR BODY IS POWER
- PLYOGA Fitness
- Pre K-2 Music, Movement and Dance Ideas
- Relationships between coaches and parents
- Relaxation Tools at Your Fingertips
- Service Learning Projects with Life Saving Impact
- Seymore Says “Don’t Be A Bird Brain” Avoid Drug! Substance Awareness and Prevention Program
- Step Up your Sport Stacking Program!
- Tchoukball: A Team Sport for All!
- The Dr. Leo S. Butler Sensational Seniors
- The Laws of Motion: Integrating STEM and Physical Activity
- The Second Semester Unit
- The Virtue of Laziness
- Using Technology to Assess Student Learning: Practical Strategies for Teachers
- Who Are Para Athletes?
- WIN WIN! Service Learning Projects that Enhance Educational Experiences and Opportunities for all Partners
- You, too, can renew!
- Zumba for All Levels
If you are interested in serving as an exhibitor at the 2017 Convention, please download the Exhibitor Information Packet and remit the registration form included.