Membership in LAHPERD is on an annual basis. The membership period begins on June 1 and ends on May 31 of the subsequent year, regardless of when membership was initiated. Membership categories include active professionals in the field, undergraduate and graduate students in the fields of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and/or Dance, retired professionals, associate members: individuals not meeting the qualifications of the professional member but who have an interest in the support of these professions, and life membership.
Membership in LAHPERD Provides the Following Benefits
- $1,000,000 liability policy (if selected with membership)
- LAHPERD newsletter published twice a year
- LAHPERD journal published twice a year
- Awards program for professionals and students (held at the annual convention)
- Active student section dedicated to the professionals of the future
- Networking for job opportunities
- Connections to regional and national professional organizations
- Opportunities to serve in your professional organization and network with other professionals throughout Louisiana
- Opportunities to learn and share your expertise with others at the annual convention
- Opportunities to share in a voice for favorable legislation and regulations in our field
LAHPERD can provide workshops relative to the Louisiana Physical Education Content Standards – what they are and how to implement them. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.